Who is Sultana Parvin
Sultana Parvin is one of the most recent successful freelancer, who has developed her outsourcing career in just less than two years time. She has been contributing thought-provoking writings to various article and media sites. She has developed freelancer career through her extensive work on Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr etc. utilizing her creative writing passion, HR knowledge and excellent command over written and verbal English She won the BASIS (Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services) ‘Outsourcing Award 2014′ as the best contributor in Female Category. Sultana has successfully delivered over 200 jobs via different online job markets in the following fields: • Creative Article writing, Book Review, Blog Content, Product Description, Web research, Data compilation and Photo editing. • SEO: On/Off-Page Optimization, Yahoo Answering, Link Building, Affiliate Marketing. • Recipe building/writing and editing, Menu suggestion, eBook writing/ editing, Resume/ CV/ Bio writing, Cover letter, Thank You letter. Answer to Jobs Criteria, LinkedIn Profile, UN PHP building, Job Search, and Job suggestion etc.
Sultana Parvin has completed her BSS (Hons) with HR, Public Administration, Statistics and Economics from National University, Gazipur, Bangladesh. She obtained 15th place in her BSS(Hons). She completed her Masters in Political science from the same University. In addition, She achieved a diploma in English Language and Culture from the US National Defense University, Washington DC. She also received Senior Chef training from the Bangladesh Tourism Department. She has computer literacy in different fields including expertise in SEO, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web Development, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
Translator (Eng<>Ben) at www.proz.com and Piya Lingua.
HR and Human Talent Manager, Women Empowerment and PR Consultant at CodersTrust , Bangladesh (Nov 2014 – Oct 2016):
Developing HR planning strategies for immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Recruiting staff – modifying and updating job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities and disciplinary procedures.
- Preparing, modifying and updating staff handbooks liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas.
- Search, contact and establish relations with women development associations and organizations contribute towards underprivileged girls and women.
- Arrange, conduct and participate meetings with leaders and founders to widen the scope of training or develop ICT career of underprivileged girls and women through CTs women empowerment programs.
- Plan and arrange events for connecting women with ICT links and present them as role models to the prospective students.
- Plans publicity strategies, promotion, and campaigns in consultation with founder and CEO and liaise with clients.
- Deals with inquiries from the public, press, and related organizations.
- Organize promotional events such as an interview with press, conferences, writings, tours and visits etc.
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations.
- Providing information about new training models, places of training and encourage prospective new students.
- Arrange to publish of press releases through online and printed media.
- Analyse media coverage and provide journalists staff about company’s mission and objectives.
Upwork(Odesk): Completed Jobs: 89 (Hourly Jobs: 510 hours), Feedback Score: 4.92 out of 5.
Upwork(Elance): Completed Jobs: 21, Feedback Score: 4.98 out of 5
Fiverr: Completed Jobs: 91, Positive Rating: 97%
- 150+ Resume/CV (Executive Level, Professional Level & Entry Level) and Bio/Resume Advice.
- 100+ LinkedIn Profile/UN PHP/WIPO Profile /Byet Profile, Facebook/Twitter Profile.
- 400+ Cover Letter, Cold Cover Letter, Answer to Job Criteria, Thank You Letter etc.
- Numerous VA for Job search/Advice, Resume/Cover Letter posting Job Application filling up, etc.
- 150+ Creative Article/Essay/Blog Article
- 800+ Recipe writing/editing, Menu suggestion, e-book writing.
- Book Review, Book Critique, Product Description, Sales Proposals, Press Release.
- Numerous Blog Content, Product description, SEO & On/Off Page Optimization, Yahoo! Answer, Link Building, Data Entry etc.
- Trainer and Facilitator at Prothom Alo Jobs , Dhaka.
- Trainer and Facilitator at Prothom Alo Jobs , Chittagong.
- Trainer and Facilitator at BDJobs, Dhaka.
- SEO Teacher at Beacon IT, Chittagong.
Cultural and Social Engagements
Sultana was engaged with various social and cultural missions at home and abroad. She has been the Cultural Secretary of Bangladesh Navy Ladies Club Dhaka and Chittagong for a long time. She was the founder Secretary of Bangladesh Navy Family Welfare Association handicraft shop, named “Jinukh”, which she ran consecutive 2 &1/2 years making it a profitable organization through her creativity in its management, products manufacturing and sourcing, marketing, sales and guiding employees. She was also an active member of US National Defense University SPICE Club during 2009-2010.
Sultana wrote a number of Recipe Books, among which following have been published in Amazon.com:
• Authentic Indian Vegetable Dishes; (Publisher: Chris Clark).
• 30 Diabetic and Heart Healthy Indian Food Recipes with Nutritional Details; (Publisher: Erin Kulger).
• Yummy Vegetable Recipes: Delicious Indian Vegetable Dishes; (Publisher: Sultana Parvin).
Sultana edited a famous recipe book, namely “Flavors of India and Africa
” written by Khatun Gulamani of California, USA.